Skip to main content

December 21 2022

 Time: 5:50Am

Temp: -34C

Sunrise @ 8:48AM

Sunset @ 4:17PM

Goals for today 

  • 8000 steps
  • 30 zone minutes
  • 81oz of good fluids

Things are not quite so simple always as black and white. - Doris Lessing

Why do we always think that every is simple or should be simple.  There are so many things that are simply complicated, confusing and hard.  I mean I often think back to the way I was brought up, so many things that I was taught were wrong I now accept as just part of life.  I find that most of the time I live a grey zone...

Yesterday was a cold day.  I spent way too much time behind the wheel driving on ice.  At lest there was no wind to make it really bad.  My new reps are pretty well trained.   Well go back out with them in the new year and touch base.

This morning I am thankful for:

  1. Christmas music - I love to listen to it all the time
  2. Melissa went to school yesterday
  3. That my furnace works 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standard Time Challenge Day 6

 Time: 6:34AM Weather: -19C Sunrise @ 7:53AM Sunset @ 4:44pm Today is Remembrance Day.  A day to remember those that gave their loves for our freedom.   Yesterday's Stats Steps: 4,660 Floors: 4 Zone Minutes: 12 This morning I am thankful for My furnace that works my adult children the sound of silence Goal for the week 56,000 steps, 35 floors and 210 zone minutes. All readings courtesy of my Versa:   Sunday - 8,615/2/48 Monday -  7,415/1/19 Tuesday -  11,171/5/103 Wednesday -  9,632/9/32 Thursday - 4,660/4/12 Friday  Saturday  Total to date Steps left to go: 56,000 - 41,493 = 14,507 Floors left to go: 35 - 21 = 14 Active Minutes left to go: 210 - 214 = -4      Standard Time Challenge Nov 10 Journal done Blog done 10 pages of non-fiction done Listen to Podcast done Steps  4,660 Floors 4 Zone minutes 12

October 1 2022, New Month

 Time: 7:20AM Weather: 4C Sunrise @ 7:36AM Sunset @ 7:12PM Today is not only the start of a new 5% Challenge, it is the start of a new month.  I love the feel of a new start.  It's like we are given a whole new clean sheet of paper to fill with anything.  What was written or drawn on the last paper doesn't matter.  Of course when I return to real life I know that yes some things that I did in the past do matter and do affect me today.  But today is another chance to change things. Last night while watching the Oilers/Flames pre-season game I was starting to think about my goals for this month.  I have gotten very good at tracking things this last month, not so much at blogging/journaling.  Why I stop journaling I don't really know.  It helps me so much and I do so much better working on my goals when I journal.   I have decided to give myself a 30 day challenge.  here are the things I am challenging myself to do this month. Step Goal for the month -  279,000 steps

Standard Time Challenge Day 4

 Time: 5:42AM Weather: -23C Sunrise @ 7:49AM Sunset @ 4:48PM Yesterday was a great day.  I got some work done.  Took Farley with me for the drive.  He is no longer getting car sic and seems to like being in the car with us.  I came home and got to shovel out the back parking pad.  We plugged my van in last night so that maybe it will start this morning. Yesterday's Stats Steps: 11,171 Floors: 5 Zone Minutes: 103 This morning I am thankful for Hot Coffee it has been an early morning puppy kisses that my daughter enjoyed her visit to the new program 5% Challenge Update We are reading labels this week.  I never used to read them at all.  About a year ago I started and man oh man do they hide some weird stuff in foods.  I am really starting to watch for sugars. Goal for the week 56,000 steps, 35 floors and 210 zone minutes. All readings courtesy of my Versa:   Sunday - 8,615/2/48 Monday -  7,415/1/19 Tuesday -  11,171/5/103 Wednesday -   Thursday - Friday