Skip to main content

Go Slowly

 Time: 6:15AM

Weather: -8C
Sunrise @ 8:50AM
Sunset @ 4:28PM

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. - Confucius

I used to get so upset with myself when I didn't lose weight quickly, or didn't chance my habits quickly.  I would have these weeks of doing things great then of course things would go to crap and I would backslide (I hate that word) and get mad at myself and give up.  This was and has been the roller coaster of my life for years.  Slowly over the last while I am realizing that this has to change.  I need to make permanent changes.  I am giving up on the all or nothing attitude that I have lived with for decades.  I am now working on small changes.

This morning I am thankful for

  1. my hubby, who is my best friend
  2. my office being upstairs
  3. time

Question of the day

Who are the people in my life that make me the happiest?  Wow this one is easy.  My kids make me happy. My son and his dry humour, quick smile and willingness to help.  My oldest daughter and her love for life and concern for those around her.  My youngest and her special take on life, I am learning to see the world through her eyes and it is amazing.  My hubby make me happy, after 28 years together I can still say that he is not only my best friend, my heart still skips a beat when he reaches for my hand.

Yesterday was the last relaxing day until I go on vacation.  I did very little and I am okay with that.  Today is the start of full steam ahead.  I did manage to not eat in the evening, pat on the back for me.

Yesterday's Stats

Steps: 4,279
Floors: 3
Zone Minutes: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Standard Time Challenge Day 6

 Time: 6:34AM Weather: -19C Sunrise @ 7:53AM Sunset @ 4:44pm Today is Remembrance Day.  A day to remember those that gave their loves for our freedom.   Yesterday's Stats Steps: 4,660 Floors: 4 Zone Minutes: 12 This morning I am thankful for My furnace that works my adult children the sound of silence Goal for the week 56,000 steps, 35 floors and 210 zone minutes. All readings courtesy of my Versa:   Sunday - 8,615/2/48 Monday -  7,415/1/19 Tuesday -  11,171/5/103 Wednesday -  9,632/9/32 Thursday - 4,660/4/12 Friday  Saturday  Total to date Steps left to go: 56,000 - 41,493 = 14,507 Floors left to go: 35 - 21 = 14 Active Minutes left to go: 210 - 214 = -4      Standard Time Challenge Nov 10 Journal done Blog done 10 pages of non-fiction done Listen to Podcast done Steps  4,660 Floors 4 Zone minutes 12

October 1 2022, New Month

 Time: 7:20AM Weather: 4C Sunrise @ 7:36AM Sunset @ 7:12PM Today is not only the start of a new 5% Challenge, it is the start of a new month.  I love the feel of a new start.  It's like we are given a whole new clean sheet of paper to fill with anything.  What was written or drawn on the last paper doesn't matter.  Of course when I return to real life I know that yes some things that I did in the past do matter and do affect me today.  But today is another chance to change things. Last night while watching the Oilers/Flames pre-season game I was starting to think about my goals for this month.  I have gotten very good at tracking things this last month, not so much at blogging/journaling.  Why I stop journaling I don't really know.  It helps me so much and I do so much better working on my goals when I journal.   I have decided to give myself a 30 day challenge.  here are the things I am challenging myself to do this month. Step Goal for the month -  279,000 steps

Standard Time Challenge Day 4

 Time: 5:42AM Weather: -23C Sunrise @ 7:49AM Sunset @ 4:48PM Yesterday was a great day.  I got some work done.  Took Farley with me for the drive.  He is no longer getting car sic and seems to like being in the car with us.  I came home and got to shovel out the back parking pad.  We plugged my van in last night so that maybe it will start this morning. Yesterday's Stats Steps: 11,171 Floors: 5 Zone Minutes: 103 This morning I am thankful for Hot Coffee it has been an early morning puppy kisses that my daughter enjoyed her visit to the new program 5% Challenge Update We are reading labels this week.  I never used to read them at all.  About a year ago I started and man oh man do they hide some weird stuff in foods.  I am really starting to watch for sugars. Goal for the week 56,000 steps, 35 floors and 210 zone minutes. All readings courtesy of my Versa:   Sunday - 8,615/2/48 Monday -  7,415/1/19 Tuesday -  11,171/5/103 Wednesday -   Thursday - Friday